So, Ava is really excited about becoming a big sister...

So Princess Firecracker is super excited about Emma. She is always asking "when are we going to get her, can I show her how to do this, can we take her here." I keep reminding her that it's going to be a while still, that we probably won't be able to go get her till after summer, but still everyday she asks, "when will we get Emma momma? Seeing her excitement makes me happy." Shannon, our llder daughter is pretty excited too. She began telling our friends about Emma before I had a chance.

So, earlier today, I posted several doodles or pictures Ava drew recently. She has always liked to draw or paint. A lot of people have been rather impressed with Ava's creations. She loves to use lots of color and she favors abstract design. A few people have suggested selling her art. So after I posted her latest creation, I got an idea. Shannon is a talented artist too, so I talked with both girls tonight. Shan wants to go into 2 and 3D animation, she loves to draw characters on the computer and she is really good at it. Both girls are going to offer up some of their art for sale to help raise funds for Emma's adoption.  The project is still in development, but I think its going to be a lot of fun for Ava and Shan. They both just lit up at the idea of being able to help bring Emma home. Please stay tuned for more details. Here are a few examples of their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment